Monday, July 28, 2014

My Mama Prays

My Mama Prays

Hiya Mama, how was your day?
Fine, was yours the same way?
It was cool.
How was school?
Nothing special, same old stuff.
I'm glad it's not too tough.

Did you pray this morning?
Nah, it's just too boring.
But you talk so much.
What does that have to do with such?
Prayer is simply a conversation.
It feels more like a guilty confession.

Lord forgive me for being evil.
You shouldn't be so cynical.
We're not worth his time.
He's as much yours as he is mine.
I don't understand.
He listens when I place hand to hand.

God is of mercy.
Is that a certainty?
God is of wisdom.
Can't compete with him?

Mama, did you pray?
Proudly, yet humbly I must say.
What are you proud of?
I prayed to the one above.
What are you humble for?
I was granted access through his door.

Mama you are strange.
My soul is saved all the same.
How'd you save it?
Simply, it took no wit.

I knelt, I prayed.
I know, you've said.
Well listen and learn.
Ma, it's not my turn.

We all die in the end.
Wow, Mom, nice and morbid.

So did you pray for me?
Of course, don't be silly.
Why did you pray for me?
I love you sincerely.

To be honest son, I'm scared.
What could possibly put you in dread?
I want to watch over you from heaven.
Well, Ma, you will, just keep prayin.
I want to reunite with you in heaven.
In that case, I better get to knealin.
Don't just do it for me son.
For sure, thanks Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment