Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Sunset Spectacle of Smooth Melancholy

The Sunset Spectacle of Smooth Melancholy

A man once told me
He had never dreamed
But for one reason

He sat me down
Stated plainly
"I don't dream."

"Of course you do;
Everyone does."
Naivety spilling from my lips

Awkwardly stumbling
Over the smooth melancholy
Of his profound wisdom

"I don't."
More plain wisdom
No denying it

He explained
With hat in hand
The world in the other

That what we call
Dreaming
He calls sleepy imagination

"You have to have a dream
To dream."
He places hat to head

He walked away
But turned when bathed
In sunset spectacle

He smiled
And suddenly I knew
Why I had never dreamt

Why, until that day
When my dreams took form
I was stuck in my imagination

You have to have a dream
To dream
Which is why I never did

Until I met you

No comments:

Post a Comment