Sunday, October 11, 2015

Unworthy Apology: A Letter to My End, My Only True Legacy

Unworthy Apology:  A Letter to My End, My Only True Legacy

Grasping at dreams
Means grasping at straws of burdening lead
Heavy thoughts and images
Projected by the heart

The heart, however,
Is a devilish thing
It rips itself from my chest
Making me think I made the decision

But decisions are made of the mind
Mortal enemy to the abstract liar
Beating in my chest
The masochistic liar

It places itself
Just in range
Of all the hatred and disappointment
It deserves

It beats with rapidity
To remind me I cause fear
It beats with a lethal melancholy
To remind me I bring sorrow

So maybe instead the heart
Isn't masochistic, but honest
For it to keep beating
It must face the scars
Inflicted by me upon the hearts of others

No comments:

Post a Comment