Monday, December 18, 2017

Without

Without

What is it to be without?
Has one obtained so much
     they are now without need?
Has one been left with so little
     they are without joy?
Has one never had much to begin with
     they are without knowing they are without?

Without me
What is the life of others?

They are without a pain permanent
They are without a loss forever felt
They are without a reason to stop moving forward

Which means my life is without
     a legacy too heavy to lift

And this, I swear to you, is a good thing.

Without me
     life goes on as it should

I am without the motivation to change that
I am without the arrogance necessary for wanting that

I am without the desire to keep time from passing
     with my passing.

Why be a burden in death
     when I can leave people without demands?

No comments:

Post a Comment