Monday, January 14, 2019

Benjamin: Three Hundred Tries Later

Benjamin: Three Hundred Tries Later

A nerd who reads
A geek who sings
From his greatest highs
To his deepest lows

No more his, he, or him
This one's mine
About me
For me

I am the gamer
The geek
The nerd
The reader, writer, and poet

I am the one
Who shed my fears
My blood, sweat, and tears
To face a new day

This new day
Most definitely different
From years of feeling overwhelmed
I'm still battling; it's true

It's simply that
For the first time
I genuinely feel
I might win

I have two legs to stand upon
And I'm standing tall
I have friends, family, and love
To stand beside me

The time will come
When I write to express
The depths I fall into
As I have before

But for now I write
For fun
I write in celebration
Of what's begun

This new chapter
Is mine for the writing
A chapter
Of my design

The ideas from my mind
The feelings from my heart
The dreams from my soul
The life from my pen

All of it flows
Towards another challenge
But this time the waters are clear
The waters are strong

I am
Benjamin Robert Bray
I am
Loved, cherished, respected, and blessed

Thank you all
For helping me reach this point
At which I can stop crying every time I write
And start smiling at this chance I have to do what I love

No comments:

Post a Comment