Thursday, June 11, 2015

Forever Alone

Forever Alone

You read the title
And begin to assume
That this poem must be sad
Of doom and of gloom

But I walk this path
Filled not with loathing
Nor with wrath
Simply because it's mine to walk

I stand upon a lonely stage
With coupled oculi gazing
Transfixed on my stance
Both in stature and voice

But from behind those eyes
Is all the support I need
I reciprocate this gift of the soul
With honesty, humility, and passion

And that's what I have
That keeps me company forever
A passion for what I do
The difference I make

But it's my difference
To make
My heart
To fill

So I hold my heart
Within my chest
But it nestles peacefully
In their hands

Just because one must
Forever be but just the one
And therefore, in a way,
Alone

It does not mean
Their heart must be propped up
Solely by their own efforts
Especially when love is meant to be shared

No comments:

Post a Comment