Sunday, August 2, 2015

Mama Always Said To Mind Your Manners

Mama Always Said To Mind Your Manners

Are you indeed polite
Or is it
You are incompetently contrite
In your abhorrence of and aversion to
The Truth?

I assure you
With all the power
Available to a poet's pen
That I have absolutely been
Of the utmost sincerity

When I say
Good day
I, indeed, hope you have one

When I say
How are you
I am not merely stating, but asking

When I wish
I wish with want for your blessings and benefits

When I ask
I ask, hoping to actually know The Truth

It is in neither my words
Nor my intentions alone

It's in the harmonious coalescence of both
Just as a day is not alone in its sunshine
Nor in its moonlight
But in the brilliant partnership of light between them

So

Good day to you
I wish you all the best
Whether you bring happy news or sad
I was wondering

How are you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment