Tuesday, February 2, 2016

I'm Okay, Just Tired

I'm Okay, Just Tired

My life has been changed
By lies and deceit
That left me feeling broken
Left me feeling weak

Flip the coin and you'll see
My life has also been changed
Made all the better
By love once lost, regained

My life will continue
To be changed
With every lesson learned
Each new step claimed

In the name of my life
My desire to be free
An unending want
To be the best me

That I can be
That I could stand so high
But only because I've been looked at
With an introspective eye

A view built from within
Influenced from without
I have my down moments
I've had my doubt

That shame and humiliation
Creeps inside you
Telling you it's over
But that can't be true

That can't be true!

Some people pray
While others stay away
But that doesn't mean they're not trying
To find their way

In this world
That doesn't feel meant for them
A world built on a shallow meaninglessness
Lost so easy, stretched so thin

It's alright though

Don't worry

I'm fine

Just tired

No comments:

Post a Comment