Sunday, February 21, 2016

Kaleidoscope Personality

Kaleidoscope Personality

It stabs!

It stabs
Deep into me
Deeper still than any memory

Down it burrows
As if its goal
Could be found

But only within

What!?

What is this...

Dizzying
Perplexing
Consuming

Force

Drowning
In its thunderous command
Begging for its forgiveness

Ah yes,
So clear now

It could only be
The guilt I feel

When sorry is not enough
When sincerity is forsaken, mistaken
As what could only be a mask

But why?

Why must my sincerity
Fall in assumption
To the state
Of a mere mask

I wear masks, yes
As we all do

But they are merely

Masks of propriety
Professionalism
And necessity

However, before I progress
I must request
A moment of your pondering
For the following question:

Are these masks
Or propriety
Professionalism
And necessity
Even masks at all?

Perhaps I am all these things
And I call upon the facets
Of my kaleidoscope personality
When needed

But then one must ask:
At what moment
Do we capture the entirety of the kaleidoscope
In one moment?

Perhaps we don't
And perhaps
It's because of its beauty

Do not capture your beauty
Let it shine
Let it shine in all its ever-growing glory

Be the mask wearing,
Yet--no! AND genuine
Kaleidoscope
You've always been

And could always be

No comments:

Post a Comment