Saturday, November 5, 2016

Exit Stage; Dead Center Free Fall

Exit Stage; Dead Center Free Fall

I need the script
I forgot my next line
My next step
I don't know
Who to address,
What prop to use,
My motivation.

Their eyes are open
Staring
Glaring
Tearing me down
With every moment of silence

Voiceless
Powerless
Frustrated and scared
But I'm not allowed to show it
Unless

Unless I can give up on overcoming the fear
Unless I can give up on overcoming
Unless I can give up
Unless I give up
I give up

Free falling from the center of the stage
No crowd surfing
Just the inevitable collision
As the crowd separates to watch
The one part they want to see

I try to say goodbye
Before it's over
But people are watching
Not listening

So, I collapse
Silently losing the fight
Against gravity in all its forms
In my silence, I reach down for

The end

No comments:

Post a Comment