Tuesday, November 15, 2016

He Still Carries Me

He Still Carries Me

He used to cradle me
In his massive arms
When I still weighed so little

He used to hold me
My head resting on his shoulder
Even when I started getting heavy

He used to walk for me
My tiny feet
Upon his giant shoes

He never made me feel
As if his shoes
Were mine to fill one day

I am not him
Living a new life

I am me
Living my own

He still cradles babies
It's through his granddaughters
He reminds me how to love unconditionally

He still holds me
In his heart
And on his mind, forever

He still walks for me
He walks while casting no shadow
Because he is a bright, shining light

He never makes me feel
Inadequate or less than him
We are a team

He is my father
Leading me by example

I am his son
Living in awe of him

Living loved
Living inspired

Holding on
Because he's still holding on to me
He will never let go
So neither will I

No comments:

Post a Comment