Saturday, February 21, 2015

Five Year Plan

Five Year Plan

Can I trust
That when I stumble
Over my two
Left
Feet
My repetition,
My failures
In both song and dance
Suit and shame...

That one day I might
Be good enough,
Strong enough,
Smart enough...

Enough

My words are my own;
They belong to me,
But their effects
Are hardly mine.
I spew my anger,
Sing my love.
I curse my misfortune,
Reflect on opportunities lost.

Lost

My arms are too short,
Or my back is too far --
I don't know --
To give myself a pat.
My fears are too strong,
My inability too vast --
I don't care --
To tell you what I want
To do with my life.

Life

They say find hope
In life,
But how can one resist
That sweet release.
Religions of this world
Promise perfection in the next,
The after,
The beginning.
So, what kind of torture is this?
Taunted by time,
Plagued by pointlessness,
Numbed by our meaningless neuroses.

Numb

I don't want to stop feeling.
I just wish there was a way
I could
Without breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment