Monday, February 9, 2015

The Longest Heartbeat

The Longest Heartbeat

The tears flow
From your eyes,
Down the cheeks
I can only dream
To one day see flushed
With that shade of red
That can only mean
One thing.

That song from your heart
To mine
Will hide for but a moment
Behind
The veil that matches
Your dress oh so perfectly.

It's in that dress
That you'll take
The longest walk of my life.

While the tempo
Of your heart's song
Will be the most serene tune
This world will ever know,
My heart's song will beat enough
For a lifetime
In the time it takes
For you to walk down the aisle
And forever into my arms.

Then, with your hands in mine,
My heart will stop.

For a moment
The life I once had
Will flash before
My eyes...
And I will smile,
Because of all the love
I have been blessed with
Will always be with me,
Making me strong enough
For what's ahead.

My heart will begin again
As my smile is etched
Into my soul by those
Beautiful words you use
To bring me back to life.

I am, and will forever be;
I do, and forever will;
I love, and forever I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment