Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Benjamin: One Hundred Tries Later

Benjamin: One Hundred Tries Later

Words of the past
Wrapped up in the progress
Of the present

I have grown
The ink of my pen flows
The strength of my words beats faster

Poetry, as it is
A release not from emotions
But from the repression of them

I speak through stanzas
Feel through ink
Bleed upon my sleeve

And for whom do I bleed
For anyone who reads
And feels the release from repression

I have students; I teach and learn
I have parents; I am loved and love
I have friends; I am cared for and care

It is for those
That I know
That I say thank you

It is for those
That I don't
That I say please feel

Feel the weight of your world
Upon your own two shoulders
And feel the strength in your truth

The truth in who you are
The truth in what you feel
The truth in the love you have

Share this truth
For no matter how much the world takes
There will always be some of you left to give

No comments:

Post a Comment