Monday, September 7, 2015

Comprehension

Comprehension

I love you more
Than your mind can comprehend
But I'm sure
It's your heart that will always understand

So, don't think about it
Feel it
And let the tears come
And the smile spread

Know that it's the tears
You'll always have
As they cascade
Down memory lane

Every now and then
They'll trip
They'll slip
They are tears after all

Don't let them say
Don't cry
You cry
Because you remember

I can't thank you enough for that
That I might be missed
By someone so full of love
Those are tears worth shedding

See you later
Is what they say
Because goodbye
Is too sad

But here I am
Saying goodbye
In hopes that I might actually
Be able to appreciate

Everything you were
Everything you are
Everything I won't
Get to see you be

It's a tall order
But as big as I was
It's in the expanse of my heart
That I keep you forever

Goodbye,
I say
With tears
And a smile

No comments:

Post a Comment